We are thrilled to connect back with all our HOC families, as we are excited to share all our plans for HOC Summer 2022.
We want to begin by thanking all our families and campers for your understanding and support regarding the cancellation of HOC for the summer of 2021. On the heels of the previous year's cancellation, we know that so many families and campers were disappointed to have missed out once again on the HOC camp experience.
Last summer, we had pivoted to a Family Retreat Model, allowing camp to still be utilized for summer camp programming as well as offer many of our staff camp positions for the summer. We have received such great positive feedback on that model and want to thank all the families that joined us. HOC was also able to provide a modified Staff-Development Program and NEW City Hockey School program, engaging many of our existing campers back into HOC programming.
As we look ahead to the Summer of 2022, we want to ensure families know that we are first and foremost a summer camp for kids and that our priority lies in ensuring a safe and successful re-opening. We have taken the last two summers to not only enhance our facility but also to create new and exciting programming changes. These include a number of renovations around camp (Waterfront Dock, Campfire Coliseum and upgrades to a number of bathroom facilities), purchasing some fun new camp programming equipment, revamping programs/activities, as well as adjusting camp scheduling to best suit the future needs of our campers and staff.
In addition, we will continue to develop plans to best ensure the health and safety of our camp community, as we continue to manage the ongoing safety concerns and restrictions as they pertain to COVID-19.
All that said, we are excited to announce that HOC Camp Registration for the 2022 summer season is opening soon
Monday, October 18th @ 10:00 am.
This year more than ever, we encourage campers and families to review all changes and updates closely (below) and check out our updated website prior to submitting your 2022 enrollment request.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE UPDATED HOC WEBSITE
UPDATES/CHANGES FOR SUMMER 2022
2022 Season: Accepting Enrollments under a 'Full' Capacity ModelWe are opening 2022 registration based on 'Full' capacity model, and as such, will accept camper registrations (including campers registered in groups) based on a first-come, first-serve, based on enrollment request submission. We recommend registering earlier than later to secure your desired camp week & program.
2022 'Back to Camp Special'We want your camper to get back to camp and have the opportunity to experience our Revamped Overnight Ultimate Camp Program. This exclusive (and only for next summer!) 2022 'Back to Camp Special' offers a substantial $200 discount to campers registered in; one week of Overnight Ultimate Camp Program PLUS one week of any other Overnight Program (Ultimate Camp, Hockey + Camp, or Waterski). And as a bonus, the camper will also receive a free HOC Hoodie!
Our Group Registration is going back to its "old" ways. Back for the Summer of 2022, group registration includes;
- A group is considered a minimum of 5 campers; campers can be of different ages and participating in different programs.
- Please be aware that Groups with 5+ campers may not all be allocated to the same section due to cabin limitations.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration is still based on first-come-first-serve. All campers in the group are not guaranteed a spot within the requested week until they register individually and receive an email confirmation from HOC.
Registration Restrictions (Currently, Subject to Change)Day Programs: In consideration of limiting daily outside exposure as it pertains to the health and safety of our camp community, we have currently suspended all our Day Programs including Day Hockey, Day Hockey + Camp and Day Ultimate Camp Programs. Programs may become available as we get closer to the summer and have further guidance from Public Health and the Province of Ontario regarding COVID-19 restrictions/guidelines.
1. Recently revamped Overnight Ultimate Camp Program, features include;
Daily Activity Rotation activities including Aquaglide Challenge Track,
- WellFit Training Activity,
- Opportunity to choose water ski activity twice daily (based on a first-register, first-served model).
2. Recent additions to our Overnight Water Ski Camp Program, features include;WellFit Training Activity,
- Video Analysis/Feedback feature.
- Recent additions to our Overnight Hockey + Camp Program, features include;WellFit Training Activity,
- Goalie Video Analysis/Feedback.