Job Title: Cleaning Assistant
Reports To: Camp Directors
Number of Positions Available: 1
The role of the Cleaning Assistant is to help with daily cleaning around the entire facility. Areas include common touch surface areas, camper / staff bathrooms, Main Office, Health Centre and Dining Hall. This person must have an interest in keeping the facility clean and sanitized while ensuring to always keep personal, camper and staff safety a top priority.
This person would work indirectly with children but would need to posses an interest in working with children.
- Provide care to our campers that reflect the standards and guidelines of the Hockey Opportunity Camp Code of Conduct.
- Must have a general interest in keeping the camp community clean, presentable and safe for campers and staff.
- Create and execute your job in productive, professional and fun manner.
- Ensure to always wear/follow proper safety guidelines when completing tasks.
- Be an active participant in the camp community.
- Cleaning Assistant will be responsible for the daily cleaning and stocking supplies in common use spaces such as camper / staff bathrooms, Main Office, Health Centre and Dining Hall.
- Continuous cleaning of common touch surface areas around camp.
- Ability to work Monday to Friday as well as the odd Saturday or Sunday.
- Assist cleaning staff when needed.
- Will be asked to pick up supplies from the local hardware stores.
- May be asked to periodically travel longer distances (Toronto, North Bay, Barrie, etc.) in a camp vehicle, to pick up/purchase camp related items.
Other duties as assigned.
<< Go Back To Support Staff Positions Overview
Staff Orientation / Training: TBD
Employment Period: July 2, 2017 – August 26, 2017
Optional Employment: Week #9 August 27 – September 2, 2017
Wages: Summer wages vary depending on age, qualifications and experience of applicants. Room and board is included.
- A minimum of 17 years of age.
- Genuine interest and experience in general cleaning a must.
- Genuine interest in working at a residential camp.
- Must be an out going, self-starter type person.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description..