Job Title: Camp Photographer
Reports To: Administrative Director
Number of Positions Available: 1
The intent of this position is to enhance the services we offer to our parents by offering them photos for purchase on our web site. This role would require someone to work independently, with minimal supervision. The daily routine would be to visit all of the activity areas to capture photos of children in action. Routine visits to the arena would also be required to capture hockey related photos.
Other responsibilities would be to capture candid shots at meals, in lineups, around the cabin areas and during special activities. This role would also require altering photos for uploading to the web multiple times per day. Candidates must have experience using Macintosh computers, and specifically Photoshop and CMS applications. Photos are uploaded to an online system for parents to view and order photos. Daily management of this system is required.
This person would work indirectly with children but would need to posses an interest in working with children.
In addition to responsibilities during the day, this role would require evening responsibilities as well. The camp photographer would be required to work evening activities, all camp activities, and Friday family nights, capturing photos for the web site.
- Ensure that photos taken are in line with the standards set by Hockey Opportunity Camp.
- Provide care to our campers that reflect the standards and guidelines of the Hockey Opportunity Camp Code of Conduct.
- Create and execute your job in productive, professional and fun manner.
- Be an active participant in the camp community.
- Attend Staff Orientation week in late June.
- Experience working in a Mac OSX environment.
- Be knowledgeable in all safety procedures: including fire, land and aquatic emergency procedures.
- Roam during Sunday camp registration and take photographs of families checking in.
- Create and execute weekly schedules to ensure all camp sections are photographed equally at camp, as well as at the arena.
- Take camper section photos every Sunday afternoon.
- Photograph during evening programming, including; evening activities twice per week and all camp activities once per week.
- Upload photographs daily to the Bunk1 website.
- Prepare section calendars for each camper’s evaluation folder every week.
- Correspond via phone and email to parents regarding photos when required.
- Basic website maintenance as required.
- Plan and create a staff photo album / slide show as a “Summer 2017″ memento.
- Assist with the development of a summer ending staff video (iMovie).
- Organize / sort photos into files for offseason marketing purposes
- The staff photographer would get one weekend off through out the summer. This is scheduled with the Camp Director at the beginning of the summer.
- Other duties as assigned.
<< Go Back To Support Staff Positions Overview
Staff Orientation / Training: TBD
Employment Period: July 2, 2017 – August 26, 2017
Optional Employment: Week #9 August 27 – September 2, 2017
Wages: Summer wages vary depending on age, qualifications and experience of applicants. Room and board is included.
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- Genuine interest and experience in photography.
- Genuine interest in working at a residential camp.
- Must be an out going, self-starter type person.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description.
- Familiar with programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Quark, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite and Apple iMovie..