The Administrative Assistant is required over the four months of the Spring and Summer Employment Period and acts as a general assistant for various administrative duties at HOC. During the spring, the Admin Assistant works closely with the Administrative Director in the office, helping with general registration and preparation for summer. During the summer, the Admin Assistant continues to help with registration but also takes on the role of Parent Rep (PR), and various additional summer administrative tasks.
Specifically, the Parent Rep responsibilities involve working cooperatively amongst members of the Senior Staff Team as the leading point of contact with campers, their parents, and HOC staff. The PR is responsible for the initial contact of all first-time campers and their parents within the 48 hrs of camp through email or phone, and they may also be asked to step in on serious camper issues and other camper satisfaction-related issues as they arise through the summer. The PR work closely with all staff teams to ensure camper health and well-being while at HOC.
This combined role is a designated office position, with increased camper and staff interaction throughout the summer months.
DAILY / WEEKLY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spring Duties
- Be available in the office to answer phone calls, respond to emails, etc.
- Assist with the registration of campers.
- Assist with general administrative tasks to help prepare for summer.
- Communicate with summer staff prior to Orientation Week.
- Participate in the June Family Day Open House.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Summer Duties
- Assist the Administrative Director with weekly tasks as required.
- Assist the Program & Counselling Directors with weekly administrative tasks as required.
- Be available to assist Camp Directors as required or when schedule allows.
- Assist with all aspects of camper registration, check-ins, and check-outs when required.
- Assume the responsibility of Parent Communications Representative.
- Be the main source of communication between parents and campers when campers are at camp.
- Support the execution of the First 48 HR Program ensuring an email is sent/call made to parents of first-time campers during their first 48 hours at camp.
- Manage and proactively resolve parent inquiries & requests ensuring efficient and timely response to email and telephone enquiries on a daily basis.
- Work directly with Section Heads / Counselling Director to facilitate camper communication.
- Facilitate the management of all Lost & Found items.
- Attend the Senior Staff Training Weekend in late June.
- Attend all Thursday evening staff meetings.
- Make any transportation runs (ie. Clinic / Hospital) that are required, provided that you are free at the time.
- Complete a Program report and update program manual at the end of the summer.
- Complete evening duty shifts (office shift, coaches corner, nightly rounds, etc), approx 2-4 times per week as required.
- Complete 1- 2 duty weekends that may include Friday/Saturday curfew sign in, Saturday check-out, and holdover supervision. Duty weekends will be assigned in advance and must be adhered to.
- The Admin Assistant can expect between 8-10 hrs of scheduled duties daily not including other duties as assigned based on program needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- All staff are required to deliver every day our Brand Promise “Best Summer Of Your Life” in each camper and staff interaction. Guided by our four core principles, Community, Leadership, Accountability, and Performance.
- All staff are expected to abide by and enforce camp guidelines of respect. These are the rules and expectations of behaviour implemented to maintain a fun and safe camp environment.
- All staff are responsible for the safety and security of each camper in their care. Staff are to follow prescribed program standards and lesson plans in order to ensure the highest level of care and instruction.
- Attendance for all staff to the June orientation week training is mandatory. This training period is where each staff will receive essential employment information and training for a successful summer experience.
- Leadership and Participation in camp-wide special events (All Camps, Friday Campfire, Program Demonstrations) and weekly meetings are an expectation of all staff members.
- The dynamic nature of summer camp demands each staff understand that additional duties may be assigned as required.
SUMMER BENEFITS AND TIME OFF